Tuesday 7 July 2009

0 80,000 screaming fans welcome Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo move to Real Madrid was finally made official on Monday morning at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. The Portuguese international also set a world record of 80,000 fans turnout during player presentation and beat previous record set by Diego Maradona move from Barcelona to Napoli in 1984.

The world’s player of the year and former Manchester united player becomes the world most expensive player after completing a £80m transfer and ends long period speculation. His signing break £56m recent record set by Kaka move from AC Milan to Madrid.


As a Real Madrid player, Ronaldo will wear No. 9 shirt which was previous owned by Javier Saviola who left the club to join Benfica this summer.In preparation for next season Real Madrid have signed four new galacticos so far, Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul Albiol and Karim Benzema.

Last season Real Madrid saw Barcelona FC, the number one Real Madrid’s rival, win three major trophies (Spanish title, Champions League and Copa del Rey).

Quotes:


Ronaldo;

"I think the league here is not the same as in England. I think I am ready for this challenge, I eat well, I sleep well, I drink well, I am ready for La Liga. I hope I will cause some problems to the defenders, and I think it will be interesting."

"It was a very beautiful feeling, I was delighted, I did not expect a full stadium, as you can expect, it's a good feeling, it was a dream, to enter and have a fully-packed stadium, it was impressive, I thought of my mother and my dad, and it was very beautiful."

Ronaldo compared Stefano and Charlton

"It was a special moment, to meet one of most mythical persons of the club, it was a privilege, it was like meeting Bobby Charlton when I first joined Manchester United, it was a pleasure to meet all those mythical people, like Eusebio, who wished me luck. It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life."

Ronaldo's reaction on difference between the Premier League and La Liga:-

"I expect La Liga to be different. I played six years in the Premier League and it is very different from the Spanish League. It's faster and the players are stronger, but La Liga is also very competitive, small teams try to play good football. It has nice players, good teams, it will be interesting and I look forward to enjoying La Liga. In England there are very nice referees but in La Liga you have unbelievable referees.

Carlos Diez, Real's medical chief

"He has an extraordinary cardiac and lung capacity".

62u7s9f4xe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TOPlist