Sunday 19 July 2009

0 DANIEL STURRIDGE SCORE FOR CHELSEA FC

Daniel Sturridge scored his first goal for Chelsea FC in a friendly match against Seattle Sounders in 2-0 win. The 19 year-old striker from Manchester City also played a part in the second goal scored by Lampard. Deco played has holding midfielder played a crucial role in the game creating chance and give Carlo Ancelotti one more holding midfielder option.

Sanna Nyass almost scored in the 73rd minute but the ball went over the bar. Ancelotti made nine changes in the game and leaving only Frank Lampard and Michael Ballack among his starting line-up.Daniel-Sturridge-Chelsea-Seattle-Sounders-LampardQuotes

DANIEL STURRIDGE ON HIS FIRST GOAL FOR CHELSEA FC
'It doesn't matter if anyone thinks that I played well, I know I didn't myself and I know I can show the fans more of my ability once I get used to the playing style of the team,' he said.

'Obviously it is going to take time. I am a young player and I am just learning the game. I don't think I performed too well today but hopefully I can show the fans a little bit more and maybe score a few more goals.

'It is not any one thing in particular but I just want to show that I am a better player than I showed today. I know I can prove to the fans that I am a decent signing.'

'I am very happy to play for the team for the first time in front of a big crowd with a good atmosphere, and I was very happy to score the first goal.

'You get the ball in positions where you can cause problems for the opposition more and it was a very good experience for me today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
TOPlist